Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend at Grandma's House


This weekend, we took Gibbs to my hometown and alma mater for the annual homecoming parade, football game, and other festivities. It was the perfect opportunity for a variety of socialization and he got to spend some time with my parents' goldens, Bea & Casey. If it weren't for Casey, I would not know how special, in-tune, attentive, loving, and snuggly a golden retriever could be. Because of Casey, I have Gibbs. Casey is such a wonderful dog, he's 12 years and 2 months old. I don't know what the future holds for Casey or how much longer we'll have him here on Earth, but I hope and pray that it is a long, long time.

At the parade, we couldn't believe how mellow and low-key Gibbs was for the entire thing. Marching bands, cheerleaders, loud music, cannons being shot off, people, kids, candy being thrown into the street- you would have thought that he went to a parade everyday. He met a lot of people and got a nice helping of pats on the head.

Gibbs stayed with my Mom and Dad while we went to the football game. He was a little goofy but was well behaved, even for a 4 month old puppy. My mom still said she doesn't want a puppy anymore, Casey and Bea are enough work.

What a grown up puppy Gibbs is becoming. He is getting some tail feathering and some butt feathers. Hard to believe that he's growing so quickly. It won't be long and he'll look like an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment