Monday, April 4, 2011

1st 9-12 month puppy & Reserve Winner's Dog


To say that we had a fun and exciting first show weekend would be an understatement!

Having never owned a show dog, much less attended many conformation shows- to say that I was intimidated would be an understatement! On Saturday, Gibbs was the only puppy in his age group. My legs felt like jello, my hands trembled, and I couldn't set Gibbs up for the life of me. We got to go back in for Winner's so it was a nice opportunity for more ring practice.

On Sunday, again Gibbs was the only 9-12 mont puppy dog. When we went back in for Winners, I had no expectations. I wanted to go into the ring and be less nervous and more able to set Gibbs up. Well, to see the judge keep comparing distant relative Detour to Gibbs made my heart pount when I realized she was really considering us for RWD. Finally the judge said, "And my Reserve Winners Dog will be my puppy" I just about couldn't believe my ears. MY PUPPY? Woo-hooo! For this to be our 2nd show, and very first show weekend this was beyond my expectations. We're definitely hooked on conformation now!

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog! Gibbs is such a handsome golden and is so well spoken. I look forward to getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Gibbs! I just got a PINK paddling pool.

    ReplyDelete