Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Year and Then Some!


It's been far too long since I've updated the blog or even updated with how Gibbs is doing.

We're having a great time and enjoying life. Gibbs turned a year old n 06-16-11, how time flies when you're having fun! I have a short YouTube video montage of our journey.

I've had Gibbs entered in some conformation shows and he's been doing well. We haven't won any points but he has been getting a good look for WD and RWD. I think it is usually his novice owner than ends up losing it for him... but that's what it's about right now. Learning, practicing, and getting experience. At the end of June he had to move up with the "big dawgs" to the 12-18 mo. class. He looks like such a baby in my eyes compared to the older dogs. However, he held his own. In our club's specialty he was 4th out of 6 competing in a very competitive group of dogs. In July, he was 2nd out of 4 both days in another competitive class in Ohio. We'll get there, I know it.

Earlier in the week we had a visitor, Daisy. She is related to Gibbs through his sire. Gibbs' sire, Lotto is Daisy's grandsire on her dam's side. They had such a great time together but I also realized that having another puppy definitely will dampen my plans with Gibbs right now. It was good to have the visitor but also to give her back. Gibbs is spoiled and I think he liked her but was glad she left. A photo of Gibbs and his Mini-Me are below.


No comments:

Post a Comment