Monday, January 31, 2011

First Conformation Class

Yesterday I took Gibbs to our first conformation class. It was so much fun, I think I've been bitten by the show bug already. The class was 2 hours long, but it was so informative and a good experience for us both.

My little guy just loves food... bait- even better. He was incredibly good. Didn't mind other dogs crowding him or moving toward him while he was stacked. What a good boy! Our breeder, Anne, was there. She said he is developing nicely and he is quite the mover! YAY! Now, had she told me the total opposite that he wasn't going to make the cut for the ring, I would have been disappointed but wouldn't have gone home to cry. However, hearing that he is looking like a show dog has me on cloud 9. :)

I made show bait that Gibbs absolutely loves. I think that I am going to save it only for handling class and for shows. I want him to be motivated and 'up' when he needs to be. Maybe saving his new favorite tid-bit will do that for us.

Here is the recipe, thanks for a fellow member of GoldenRetrieverForum.com, LibertyMe.


SALMON BROWNIES

These treats are so great for training. They aren't
slippery.
They don't crumble. They toss really nicely.

1-14 ounce
canned salmon drained or 2 cans of tuna packed in water, drained
2 eggs
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 ½ cups of flour (or more as needed to make
stiff dough)


Mix together. Press (or roll) flat on a cookie sheet to
about ¼" thick.
Spraying your hands with Pam® make pressing out much easier
Bake at 250° F for 30 minutes.
Cut into ¼" cubes and refrigerate or
freeze.


These freeze really well....however they must be used within
a day or two after thawing as they will spoil.

No comments:

Post a Comment