Wednesday, January 5, 2011

We Have a Visitor

Abby, our friend's wild and crazy golden-poodle mix has been staying with us. In total, it will be about 4.5 days. I have to tell you, she is so hyper and nuts (and a few bones short of the box if you know what I mean), it makes me so incredibly thankful for Gibbs. I can tell that this little visit is stressful to him. Abby is overbearing and dominant- he never gets a rest. For the first day, things are always ok when Abby comes to visit. They rough house and wrestle and have a great time. The problem is this... she doesn't know when to quit. Gibbs gives all of the correct warning signs. He walks away, he turns around and doesn't make eye contact, but she just doesn't get it. The poor good boy is getting clobbered. Abby has been spending a little more time in her crate just to give Gibbs some peace.

On the brighter side, we're just headed for a walk. I usually allow Gibbs off-leash at this park. Abby honestly doesn't seem to respond to verbal commands. I know that she's been taught, but like I said... she's a few fries short of a Happy Meal. She'll stay on a long line!

No comments:

Post a Comment